Tomik Ltd recognises that our key difference over our competitors is the quality and commitment of our team.
We need a team of dedicated and motivated staff to ensure we deliver on our promise to our clients 100% of the time.
Current Vacancies: Qualified Carpenter or 3rd year Apprentice.
We are currently looking for a Qualified Carpenter or third year apprentice to strengthen our team to assist in managing our increased workload. The position is for projects currently operating on Waiheke Island.
This is an excellent opportunity if you are reliable, hardworking, have a strong customer service ethic and enjoy executive level residential carpentry. We are specifically looking for a carpenter who has been or is being formally trained and qualified. You must be able to think on your feet and work responsibly. The successful applicant will report directly to the Site foreman / Construction manager, be a team player and prepared to have fun in the workplace.
We are a medium sized building firm that specialises in high end residential Architecture on Waiheke Island. We are members of the Certified Builders Association so quality and effective training are highly valued in our company. You must be a team player with the right attitude to work in a top level environment.
Requirements for this role:
We offer a competitive remuneration package that for the right applicant will exceed current market conditions. We would prefer to offer on a wages package, but we are open to a contract basis.
- A minimum of 3 years proven work experience in the building industry with excellent references.
- Have your own tools and transport with a current Class 1 drivers licence.
- Completed or nearly completed a BCITO or ITAB apprenticeship, working towards NZ Trade Certificate in Carpentry or equivalent qualification.
- Successful completion of additional trade/training certificates and/or including holding a current licence as a LBP is an advantage.
- Excellent English verbal and written skills with excellent time management skills.
- Be proactive and familiar with NZ Health and Safety practices.
- Be physically fit
This is a long term position with an opportunity to join a specialised dedicated team of craftsman on Waiheke Island.
Applicants should apply direct to the directors of Waiheke Builders - Tomik Ltd via email with a relevant CV.